By The Life Science Report
Source: Streetwise Reports 12/20/2017
David Kideckel, an analyst with Beacon Securities Ltd., relayed news from this firm’s recent annual meeting, including a private placement with a large pharma and an update on the Phase 3 trial of its lead therapy.
Kideckel reported in a Dec. 13 research note that at Resverlogix Corp.’s (RVX:TSX) general meeting in Calgary, Alberta, on Dec. 12, the company announced that on Dec. 4, it closed a CA$87 million (CA$87M) private placement with Shenzhen Hepalink, “the world’s largest heparin producer,” wrote Kideckel, who defined the event as a “major endorsement from [a] world-leading pharma company.” Subsequently, Resverlogix fully repaid its outstanding CA$68.8M loan.
In clinical news, Kideckel said, management indicated the company has achieved enrollment of about 2,000 patients for the Phase 3 BETonMACE trial of its lead drug candidate apabetalone in high-risk cardiovascular disease.
Also regarding apabetalone, Resverlogix highlighted a “new, independent publication in Nature Scientific Reports” that suggested it may be beneficial to HIV therapies, Kideckel reported.
In 2018, Resverlogix plans to pursue the complement-mediated diseases space, in which it has “made great progress,” Kideckel wrote. He added that “this new research and development focus remains an impressive path for Resverlogix, with significant upside potential.”
Also at the meeting, Kideckel noted shareholders reelected all board members “with votes in favor exceeding 98%.”
A final announcement was that during 2017, four articles regarding Resverlogix were published, “including one showing new promise for complement-mediated diseases,” Kideckel specified. Five are already in the works for release in 2018.
The analyst, in his report, also listed Resverlogix’s “several key catalysts to watch for”:
1. Completion of enrollment for its Phase 3 BETonMACE trial
2. Analysis of topline data from BETonMACE
3. Launch of its Phase 2a dialysis trial
4. Start of enrollment for its Fabry disease study
5. Determination of a clinical path forward in complement-mediated diseases
Based on the potential upcoming milestones, Kideckel concluded, “We believe 2018 holds great promise for Resverlogix.” He reiterated Beacon’s Buy rating and CA$8.55 per share price target price on the biotech, whose stock is currently trading at around CA$2 per share.
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Life Sciences Report articles like this? Sign up at www.streetwisereports.com/get-news for our free e-newsletter, and you’ll learn when new articles have been published. To see recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following company mentioned in this article is a billboard sponsor of Streetwise Reports: Resverlogix Corp. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.
( Companies Mentioned: RVX:TSX,