By The Gold Report
Source: The Gold Report 03/28/2017
Recent drilling at Southern Silver’s flagship Cerro Las Minitas project in Mexico shows higher grade silver than previous drilling.
In a Mar. 20 news release, Southern Silver Exploration Corp. (SSV:TSX.V; SSVFF:OTCQB; SEG1:FSE) announced that drilling at the Blind Shoulder Zone had the following results:
- a 7.3m down hole interval averaging 737g/t Ag, 8.6% Pb and 21.8% Zn from 17CLM-095, including a higher grade 3.4m interval averaging 981g/t Ag, 11.7% Pb and 26.4% Zn
- a 14.1m down hole interval averaging 48.6g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb and 3.6% Zn from 17CLM-094
The company stated that with “approximately 4,280 metres now completed of the planned 10,000 metre, US$2 million exploration program, further drilling with two core rigs will focus on continuing the systematic expansion of the Blind Shoulder mineralized zone.”
Lawrence Page, president of Southern Silver, stated that “assay results from this recent drilling have returned some of the better silver and base metal grades on the project to date and continues to not only expand the dimension of the Blind Shoulder target but have also yielded further improvement in potential size, quality and scope of the Cerro Las Minitas project. Our focus remains to establish this rapidly evolving district into one of the most significant economic polymetallic discoveries in our industry.”
Southern Silver owns 70% of the Cerro Las Minitas project, and stated that it is partnering with Electrum Global Holdings LP to turn the project into “a premier, high-grade, silver-lead-zinc mine.”
In Vicarage Capital’s Mar. 13 report, analyst Martin Wood highlighted that “the company has an experienced Board of Directors and strong management team with a good track record in project exploration, discovery and development.” Wood went on to say that “in November 2016, SSV commenced a new diamond drill campaign comprising 16 holes totaling 10,000m after receiving funding approval by Electrum for a US$2 M 2016-17 program. Drilling was designed to confirm the extent and dimension of the Blind Shoulder target and to confirm the continuity of mineralization at the Mina La Bocona target with the goal of significantly enhancing the current Mineral Resource estimate.”
In the Mar. 8 edition of the Gold Investment Letter, Eric Muschinski reported that the National Inflation Association (NIA) was initiating coverage on Southern Silver. According to Muschinski, NIA’s Mexican silver stock recommendations over the years have an almost “500% average return on 5 companies all within 18 months of initiating buy recommendations. If they just hit the average again it would equal $2.50 per share approximately on SSV. I’m as bullish as ever on silver and strongly recommend investors bolster your silver mining holdings during this current correction.”
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Gold Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you’ll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Melissa Farley compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an employee. She owns, or members of her immediate household or family own, shares of the following companies mentioned in this article: None. She is, or members of her immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Southern Silver Exploration Corp. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise during the up-to-four-week interval from the time of the interview or article until after it publishes.
Additional Disclosures for this Content
Disclosures from Vicarage Capital Ltd., Souther Silver Exploration Corp. Mar. 13, 2017
This document has been supplied by Vicarage Capital Ltd for information purposes only and is not to be construed as a solicitation or an offer to purchase or sell investments or related financial instruments. This document has no regard for the specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs of any specific entity. The information contained herein is based on materials and sources that we believe to be reliable; however, Vicarage Capital Ltd makes no warranty either express or implied, in relation to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information contained herein. None of Vicarage Capital Ltd, its affiliates or employees shall have any liability whatsoever for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from any use of this document. This document is intended only for the benefit of market counterparties and intermediate customers (as detailed in the FCA rules) and should not be relied upon by private customers. Distributed in the UK by Vicarage Capital Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the FCA.
Disclosures from Gold Investment Letter, March 8, 2017
I am offering ideas for your consideration and education. I am not offering financial advice. I am not a financial or investment advisor and am acting in the sole capacity of a newsletter writer. I am a fellow investor and trader sharing his thoughts for educational and informational purposes only. This publication is a 100% subscriber supported. SSV is a sponsor of GIL.
Mr. Muschinski, Gold Investment Letter’s employees and affiliates, as well as members of their families, may have a short or long position in any securities, including those mentioned in any of the reports or essays, and may make additional purchases and/or sales of those securities without notice.